As a matter of policy the Tillicum Foundation, owner and operator of the stations of Coast Community Radio, uses the Privacy Act of 1974 as a guide in providing services to the public.
We will collect no personally identifying information about you when you visit our web site unless you choose to provide that information to us. The information we collect depends upon what you do when visiting our site.
If you visit our site to browse, read, or download, we automatically collect and store only non-personally identifiable information about you, consisting only of:
- the IP address from which you access our Web site (an IP address is the number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web);
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- the date and time you access our site;
- the pages you visit;
- the Internet address of the web site from which you accessed our site.
- We place cookies on web site visitors’ computers to collect aggregate information for site traffic analysis, such as the number of visitors and the number of pages viewed. (Cookies are small files that are stored in a visitor’s browser.)
We use all of this information that we collect only to help us make our site more useful to visitors—-to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits. We may compile and report aggregate statistics about our users — numbers, traffic patterns, and related site information — but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
If you identify yourself by sending an email containing personal information:
- You may choose to provide us with personal information in an e-mail message. We use that information only to respond to your message and to help us provide you with any material you have requested.
- Email sent to the webmaster may be edited and posted in the Current quarterly newsletter or online, but will not include your email address. You may request that we not post any portion of any email you send.
If you identify yourself by submitting the Pledge Now! or other online form to make a gift to or a purchase from Coast Community Radio:
- You may choose to provide personal information to make an online gift to or make a purchase from Coast Community Radio. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and credit card number.
All credit card numbers submitted are encrypted using “Secure Socket Layer” (SSL) encryption. SSL technology is an industry standard for protecting sensitive information as it is transmitted over the Internet. Your credit card information will be temporarily stored on a secure server to process your gift. We use your credit card information only to process your gift; the information is then deleted from the server. We will retain your name, address, telephone number, and email address that you provided to serve you better.
- Coast Community Radio may use your contact information to advise you of other opportunities to support CCR. CCR will not share this information with any third parties except to process your gift.
- When you make your online gift or any time afterward, you may request that CCR refrain from contacting you in the future about support opportunities by checking the appropriate box on the Pledge form or e-mailing us.
This Policy adopted by the Tillicum Foundation Board of Directors at its regular board meeting of February 9, 2006.