The Tillicum Foundation stands firmly against racism in all its forms.
KMUN is your local source for high quality and thoughtfully curated programming, from our news and public affairs to music and entertainment. It is our duty to provide this in a way that is conscious of implicit bias, systemic racism, and societal inequities.
In our programming, we will:
– Evaluate new programming and decisions based on our mission statement in order to amplify oppressed and underrepresented voices in our community and beyond.
– Monitor our current programming offerings and practices, looking at where we can make improvements to better represent a variety of identities and viewpoints.
– Seek out programming that will fill in our deficiencies.
– Create equitable access to our programs and services.
In our administration, we will:
– Create a staff, bard and volunteer base that reflect our community.
– Provide our staff, Board and volunteers with opportunities for inclusive conversation and training on diversity, equity, inclusion and justice and how these issues pertain to our personal lives as well as our work at the station.
We hope that you will join us in this effort to create a more just future.