If the power goes out
- Before calling the Power Company, check for a tripped breaker or blown fuse.
- If it’s not a breaker or fuse, call Pacific Power 866-870-3419 and press 1 to report the outage.
- Turn off equipment and appliances. This helps to prevent equipment damage when the power is restored.
- When power is restored first turn on the most essential equipment. Wait 10 to 15 minutes before reconnecting other equipment to avoid overloading the electrical system.
- Take time after the outage to revise your outage plan to determine what can be improved for any next occurrence.
- Visit pacificpower.net/outage for updates on outages in our area (Oregon), and for added safety tips.
- Know What to do in a Power Outage!